Features in this book:
• Focused to present intensely detailed care information
for the Pug owner who is looking for effective guidance for all steps of their dog's life.
• An interesting 'About the Pug' chapter
that covers the changing appearance of the Pug over centuries, today's colors & variations of Pug appearance & the breed standard examined and explained in detail.
• An in-depth look at Pug Intelligence
and steps you can take to allow your Pug to live to his/her potential.
• Chapters detailing the unique challenges of owning a Pug:
Step-by-step instructions for how to deal with breathing issues, understanding brachycephalic breeds, hot weather care, noises, snoring, snorting, expected energy levels and how to provide appropriate activity.
• 34 Pug behavioral sections
- Behaviors with detailed, step-by-step training including: Barking, Normal VS Abnormal, Eating Feces, Eating Grass, Odd Eating Habits, Moodiness, Depression,Thunder Storms, Begging, Behavior in Multiple Dog Households, Separation Anxiety, Acting Afraid, Sleep Problems, Digging, Licking, Chewing, Nipping, Tugging, Humping, Behaviors around Children, Visitors & Strangers and more.
• 24 Pug health sections
- Be knowledgeable about all health issues that can develop with the Pug breed. Know the early signs, which issues you can treat at home (& exactly what to treat them with) and signs of more serious issues. The latest available treatments and your options.
• An exemplary Separation Anxiety chapter, covering every single possible scenario, with step-by-step guidelines. If followed, your Pug will
become a confident, independent dog that can handle being alone.
• Super helpful, step-by-step guide for all Socialization Training (a book-within-a-book)- With dogs (both known and unknown), visitors, strangers, and situations. Such a wonderful, perfect guide for building self-confidence and restraint, allowing a Pug to be social, very well-behaved and happy!
• Full and complete grooming details
- Bathing, brushing, nails, eyes, skin, coat, wrinkles and full & complete dental care details.
• Extremely detailed house-training for puppies just starting out, adults that need re-training and all Pugs that are not 100% trained. Each element, explained in full with precise numbered instructions, including exact phrasing of your words and all actions for fast success. How to deal with nighttime issues, when home alone and the most common housebreaking hiccups.
• Command training
- Covers all basic commands every Pug should know and how to take on your role as leader. Learn how good it feels when your Pug understands proper hierarchy and instinctively listens to you the first time.